Saturday, March 6, 2010

Ye Maya Chesave

Lead Actors: Naga Chaitanya, Samantha
Director: Gautam Menon



First impressions:
- Samantha is so cute!
- Naga Chaitanya now knows how to act (somewat)
- The music is awesome; it’s dreamy and transforms you into another world
- Too many hugs and smooches

Boy (Karthik, played by Naga Chaitanya) sees girl (Jesse, played by Samantha) , falls for her and pursues her, the girl avoids the boy, the girl starts liking boy, then she says ‘just friends’, then she starts liking him again, then she hates him, then she falls for him, then she hates him again, then she likes him again, then she avoids him…….!!! Oh ya n I forgot to mention, every now and then she keeps referring to her dad – this is what the storyline would look like if you compress it!

I held my head in my hands and almost cried for the torture Jesse was subjecting me to throughout the second part of the movie. I felt like banging my head to something when I saw her in the climax! (sob!)

Now coming to the positive aspects of the movie, the music (by A. R. Rahman) is remarkable and does a LOT for the movie. All the songs are good; my fav are ‘Manasa’, ‘Kundanapu Bomma’ and ‘Ee Hridayam’. The style of narration, atypical for a Telugu movie, is remarkable; the movie’s all about the narrative. The scenes shot in exotic locales are really beautiful and are a treat for the eyes.

The chemistry in the movie is great – the chemistry I’m referring to is the one between the narration, music and exotic locations :P

This is not the type of movie that can/ should be watched with your parents/ siblings; unless they are very open-minded and you are open minded enough to watch such movies with them. Thinking of it now, I think even the ‘parents’/ ‘siblings’ of Karthik and Jesse did not know why they were in the movie! No wonder I saw just gangs of girls/ gangs of boys/ couples at the theatre! I did not find anyone above 50 years of age!

Was it a good decision to watch the movie? Well, I’m just about as sure as Jesse!

Verdict: Watch once in the theatre for the chemistry (the one I referred to)
Rating: 2/5 for the movie. (4/5 for the movie minus the dowdy story)

2 comments:

  1. Hey Anu.. rightly summarized the whole movie!!!But the girls' character, though tested my patience as well,somehow made me feel if this is the way most girls think!!!

    I also felt this film would easily mislead innocent girls who don't even know what love is!!!

    Rahman's music and the cinematography are greatly an asset for this movie!!Samantha as well!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Summarized !!!
    I really failed to understand the beauty of the film...except for the beautiful locations!!!

    ReplyDelete

 
web site hit counter